Corporate entry Royal Women's Hospital (1954 - )
Parkville, Victoria, Australia
- Hospitals or Clinics
- 132 Grattan Street Carlton, Victoria 3053
The Royal Women's Hospital was established in 1954 when the Women's Hospital was granted the prefix 'Royal'. In 2003 the hospital is the largest in Australia catering specifically for the need of women and newborn babies.
1856 - 1954 Women's Hospital
1954 - Royal Women's Hospital
- McCalman, Janet, Sex and Suffering: Women's Health and a Women's Hospital, Melbourne, 1856-1996 (Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 1998), 432 pp. Details
- McCalman, Janet, 'Writing the Women's - Hospital History with Medical Records', Health and History, 1 (2/3) (1999), 132-138. Details
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q7375028. Details
- VIAF - Virtual International Authority File, OCLC, https://viaf.org/viaf/268207158. Details
- Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-621289. Details
- McCalman, Janet, Sex and Suffering: Women's Health and a Women's Hospital, Melbourne, 1856-1996, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 1998, 432 pp.
Hunter-payne, Gwynedd, Health and History, 1 (1), (1998), 76-80. Details
Created: 9 April 2003, Last modified: 17 June 2010