Biographical entry Brown, James Boyer (1919 - 2009)
- 7 October 1919
Waiuku, New Zealand
- 31 October 2009
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Endocrinologist and Biochemist
James Brown had a personal chair of obstetrics and gynaecology at the University of Melbourne 1972-1984 and was based at the Royal Women's Hospital.
Born 7 October 1919. Educated Auckland University College (MSc) and Edinburgh University (PhD, DSc). Biochemist 1940-44; clinical biochemist, Auckland Hospital Board 1944-49; Assistant director, Clinical Endocrinology Research Unit, Medical Research Council, University of Edinburgh 1958-62; First Assistant Endocrinologist, University of Melbourne 1962-71; Professor, personal chair of obstetrics and gynaecology 1972-84, senior associate and emeritus professor 1985- .
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q17008234. Details
- VIAF - Virtual International Authority File, OCLC, https://viaf.org/viaf/18723493. Details
- 'Brown, J B (19191007-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-622929. Details
- Thomas, Adrian, Professor (Emeritus) James Boyer Brown AM (1919 - 2009) - Obituary, World Organisation Ovulation Method Billings, 2009, http://www.woomb.org/omrrca/brown/brown.html. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 12 February 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education