Biographical entry Dovers, George Harris Sarjeant
- Antarctic explorer, Surveyor and Cartographer
George Dovers was a member of the Australasian Antarctic Expedition 1911-1914 led by D. Mawson.
George Dovers is commemorated by the naming of Cape Dovers, Antarctica, a prominent cape on the ice coast of Queen Mary Land, south of Henderson Island. This Cape was discovered by the Western Base Party of AAE (1911-14).and was named after George Dovers, by Douglas Mawson.
- Career event - Fellow, Royal Geographical Society
Barr Smith Library, Special Collections, The University of Adelaide
- George Harris Sarjeant Dovers - Records, 1912 - 1913, 919.89/A938n; Barr Smith Library, Special Collections, The University of Adelaide. Details
Mitchell and Dixson Libraries Manuscripts Collection, State Library of New South Wales
- George Harris Sarjeant Dovers - Records, 1911 - 1915, ML MSS 3812; Mitchell and Dixson Libraries Manuscripts Collection, State Library of New South Wales. Details
South Australian Museum Archives
- George Harris Sarjeant Dovers - Records, 1915 - 1954, 49DM, 175AAE; South Australian Museum Archives. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 22 November 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education