Biographical entry Baker, William George (1902 - 1978)
- 17 May 1902
Clarendon, South Australia, Australia
- 15 August 1978
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Radio engineer and Physicist
William Baker was an engineer with AWA Ltd 1931-1953 and Director of the Marconi School of Wireless 1934-1953.
Born Clarendon, South Australia, 17 May 1902. Educated University of Sydney (BSc 1921, BE 1923, DScEng 1932). Walter & Eliza Hall Fellow in Engineering 1924-26; research scientist, Radio Research Board, CSIR 1928-31; engineer, AWA Ltd 1931-53; Director, Marconi School of Wireless 1934-53; Editor, "AWA Technical Review" 1935-40; officer in charge, Ionospheric Prediction Service 1953-67.
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q27926913. Details
- VIAF - Virtual International Authority File, OCLC, https://viaf.org/viaf/24378115. Details
- 'Baker, William George (1902-1978)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1476179. Details
- 'Baker, William George', in Physics in Australia to 1945, R.W. Home, with the assistance of Paula J. Needham, Australian Science Archives Project, June 1995, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/physics/P001594p.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 28 February 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education