Biographical entry Burgmann, Victor Dudley (1916 - 1991)
- 5 December 1916
- Science administrator
Victor Burgmann was Officer in Charge, CSIRO Wool Textile Research Laboratories, Sydney 1949-1958 and Chief, Division of Textile Physics, Wool Research Laboratories 1958-1969.
Born 5 December 1916. CBE 1977. Educated University of Sydney (BSc, BE). Research Officer, CSIR Division of Radiophysics 1939-40; Scientific Liaison Officer, London 1940-42, Washington 1942-43; Research Officer, CSIR Division of Radiophysics 1943-45, Principal Research Officer 1945-49; Officer in Charge, CSIRO Wool Textile Research Laboratories, Sydney 1949-58, Chief, Division of Textile Physics, Wool Research Laboratories 1958-69; Associate Member of CSIRO Executive 1969-70, Member 1970-77, Chairman 1977-78. Bronze Medal, The Institute of Navigation 1950; Fellow, Institution of Engineers (Australia).
- Briggs, G. H.; Burgmann, V. D., 'Obituary: John Edward Thompson', Australian Journal of Science, 18 (1) (1955), 22. Details
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q47523566. Details
- 'Burgmann, Victor Dudley (19161205-19910207)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1475932. Details
- Ward, C., 'Victor Dudley Burgmann [1916-1991]', in CSIROpedia, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), 2011, https://csiropedia.csiro.au/Burgmann-Victor-Dudley. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_b.html. Details
- Brown, R. Hanbury; Minnett, Harry C; White, Fredrick W. G., 'Edward George Bowen 1911-1991', Historical Records of Australian Science, 9 (2) (1992), 151-166. http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR9920920151.htm. Details
- Heyde, C. C., 'Patrick Alfred Pierce Moran 1917-1988', Historical Records of Australian Science, 9 (1) (1992), 17-30. http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR9920910017.htm. Details
Created: 25 May 2001, Last modified: 2 March 2018
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects