Biographical entry Davidson, Bruce (1924 - 1994)
- 8 May 1924
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- 22 March 1994
Bruce Davidson was senior lecturer in agricultural economics, University of Sydney 1965-1985.
Born 8 May 1924. Died 22 March 1994. Served in RAAF during World War 2. Educated at Dookie Agricultural College, Universities of Melbourne (BAgSc, Masters in land management) and London (PhD). Lecturer in agricultural economics in Kenya, John Thompson Agricultural Economics Centre, University of Western Australia, Senior lecturer in agricultural economics, University of Sydney 1965-85. Wrote "The Northern Myth" (1965), a critique of the proposed Ord River Dam.
- Davidson, Bruce, The Northern Myth: Limites to Agriculture and Pastoral Development in Tropical Australia (Melbourne University Press, 1998). Details
- Davidson, Bruce Robinson, European farming in Australia: an economic history of Australian farming (Amsterdam: Elsevier Scientific, 1981). Details
- Davidson, Bruce, 'Developing Nature's Treasures: Agriculture and Mining in Australasia' in The Commonwealth of Science: ANZAAS and the Scientific Enterprise in Australasia, 1888-1988, Roy MacLeod, ed. (Melbourne: Oxford University Press, 1988), pp. 272-291. Details
- Davidson, Bruce R., 'The History of Agriculture in Temperate Australia', Journal of the Australian Institute of Agricultural Science, 51 (3) (1985), 159-168. Details
- Shaw, A.G.L. and Davidson, B., 'History of Farming in Australia', Australian Agricultural Yearbook (1986), 45-50. Details
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q55766703. Details
- 'Davidson, B R (19240508-19940322)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-614255. Details
- MacLeod, Roy ed., The Commonwealth of Science: ANZAAS and the Scientific Enterprise in Australasia, 1888-1988 (Melbourne: Oxford University Press, 1988), 433 pp. Details
Created: 30 June 1997, Last modified: 2 March 2018