Biographical entry Barnard, Wilfred Bourne (1870 - 1940)
Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
- Entomologist and Grazier
Wilfred Barnard was a grazier and keen entomological collector. He devoted much time to the large wood-boring moths of the genus Xyleutes.
Born Rockhampton, Queensland, October 1870. Grazier in Queensland and New South Wales. Seriously interested in entomology from 1920; formed a large collection of Lepidoptera.
- Musgrave, A., Bibliography of Australian Entomology, 1775-1930 (Sydney: Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales., 1932), 380 pp. Details
- Ingram, Glen, 'Barnard, Henry Greensill (Harry) (1869-1966)' in Australian Dictionary of Biography, John Ritchie, ed., vol. 13 (Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 1993), pp. 114-116. http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A130139b.htm. Details
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q21539126. Details
- 'Barnard, Wilfred Bourne (1870-1940)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1464468. Details
- Upton, M. S., A Rich and Diverse Fauna: the history of the Australian National Insect Collection 1926 - 1991 (Melbourne: CSIRO Publishing, 1997), 386 pp. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 2 March 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education