Biographical entry Aickin, Robert Geoffrey (1914 - 1983)
- 20 June 1914
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- 8 April 1983
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
- Chemist and Business executive
Robert Aickin was managing director of Associated Octel Co. Ltd 1968-1974. Earlier he had worked for various branches of the Shell Co. 1938-1968.
- Education - Bachelor of Science (BSc) completed at the University of Melbourne
- Education - Master of Science (MSc) completed at the University of Melbourne
- 1938 - 1941
- Career position - Chemist at the Shell Petroleum Company in Melbourne
- 1941 - 1974
- Career position - Chemist at Shell U.K. Ltd.
- Education - Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) completed at Leeds University, UK
- 1960 - 1968
- Career position - Regional Coordinator of Shell International Chemical Company Ltd.
- 1968 - 1974
- Career position - Managing Director of Associated Octel Company Ltd.
- 'Aickin, Robert Geoffrey (1914-1983)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1473490. Details
- 'Aickin, Robert Geoffrey', in Physics in Australia to 1945, R.W. Home, with the assistance of Paula J. Needham, Australian Science Archives Project, June 1995, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/physics/P001581p.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 4 February 2010
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education