Biographical entry Hopley, David (1940 - )
- 7 March 1940
- Marine scientist and Geoscientist
David Hopley was Head of the Sir George Fisher Centre for Tropical Marine Studies, James Cook University, Townsville from 1985 and has published widely in the fields of coastal geomorphology, sea level change and the evolution of coral reefs.
- 1965 - 1996
- Career position - Lecturer then Senior Lecturer and Associate Professor in the Department of Geography at James Cook University of North Queensland
- 1985 - 1996
- Career position - Director and Professor of the Sir George Fisher Centre at James Cook University of North Queensland
- Award - Royal Geographical Society Silver Medal received
- Award - Personal Chair at James Cook University of North Queensland
- 1996 -
- Career position - Director of Coastal and Marine Consultancies Pty. Ltd.
Private hands (Hopley, D.)
- David Hopley - Records, 1950 - 1987; Private hands (Hopley, D.). Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 15 September 2004
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education