Biographical entry Garling, Frederick (1806 - 1873)
- 23 February 1806
- 16 November 1873
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Marine artist
Frederick Garling was a marine artist and customs official. He produced a large number of paintings, his subjects included many of the ships that entered Port Jackson.
- Life event - Settled in Australia
- 1827 - 1847
- Career position - Landing Waiter in the Customs Office in Sydney
- 1847 - ?
- Career position - Acting Landing Surveyor of the Customs Office in Sydney
- Walsh, G. P., 'Garling, Frederick (1806-1873), customs official and marine artist' in Australian Dictionary of Biography, Douglas Pike, ed., vol. 1 (Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 1966), pp. 427-428. http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A010394b.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 27 March 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education