Biographical entry Chambers, Thomas Carrick (1930 - )
- 5 September 1930
Auckland, New Zealand
Thomas Chambers was Professor of Botany, University of Melbourne 1967-1986 when he was appointed Director of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney.
Born Auckland, New Zealand, 5 September 1930. Educated Universities of Auckland (MSc) and Sydney (PhD). Lecturer, Auckland University College 1955; teaching fellow, University of Sydney 1956-57; CSIRO Postgraduate Student 1958-59, resident tutor, senior tutor and Wilson Fellow, St Andrew's College; CSIRO Overseas Postgraduate Student, Botany School and Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge 1960-61; lecturer in Botany, University of Melbourne 1961-64, senior lecturer 1964-66, professor of botany 1967-86; Director, Royal Botanic Gardens and the Domain, Sydney 1986-.
The University of Melbourne Archives
- Thomas Carrick Chambers - Records, 1853 - 1985; The University of Melbourne Archives. Details
- Chambers, T. C., 'Ewart, Alfred James (1872-1937), Botanist' in Australian Dictionary of Biography, Bede Nairn and Geoffrey Serle, eds, vol. 8 (Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 1981), pp. 448-450. http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A080474b.htm. Details
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q6146027. Details
- VIAF - Virtual International Authority File, OCLC, https://viaf.org/viaf/301807696. Details
- 'Chambers, Carrick (1930-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-614095. Details
- Hewson, Helen, Australia: 300 Years of Botanical Illustration
Chambers, Carrick, Historical Records of Australian Science, 13 (3), (2001), 358-359. http://www.publish.csiro.au/nid/109/issue/3265.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 13 February 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education