Biographical entry Blatt, John Markus (1921 - 1990)
- 23 November 1921
- 16 March 1990
- Mathematician and Physicist
John Blatt was Professor of Applied Mathematics, University of New South Wales from 1959-1984. His publications covered physics, nuclear physics, superconductivity, Fortran programming and optimal control.
Born Vienna, 23 November 1921. Died Haifa, Israel, 16 March 1990. Educated University of Cincinnati (BA 1942), Princeton and Cornell (PhD 1946). Research associate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology 1946-48, Faculty member, University of Illinois 1948-53. Reader, School of Physics, University of Sydney, 1954-59. Foundation Professor of Applied Mathematics, University of New South Wales, 1959-1984. FAA 1966-1982.
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q15821514. Details
- VIAF - Virtual International Authority File, OCLC, https://viaf.org/viaf/14847051. Details
- 'Blatt, John M (19211123-19900316)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-793682. Details
- Watson-Munro, C. N., 'Stuart Thomas Butler 1926-1982', Historical Records of Australian Science, 5 (4) (1983), 83-90. http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR9830540082.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 12 February 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education