Biographical entry Attiwill, Peter Muecke
- Botanist, Ecology and Conservation and Forestry
- Alternative Names
- Attiwill, P.M.
- Attiwill, Peter M.
Peter Attiwill was a Reader and Associate Professor of the School of Botany at the University of Melbourne. He trained as a forester at Creswick 1953-1955. For most of his career, he has been involved in studies of productivity and nutrient cycling in the Australian eucalypt forests. Peter Attiwill published extensively, especially on eucalypt and bushfire ecology, and is co-author of several books, including Forest Soils and Nutrient Cycles (1987) and Nutrition of Eucalypts (1996). In 2012, Peter Attiwill was a board member on the Natural Resources Conservation League and of the Western Port Seagrass Partnership and holds several honorary titles at the School of Botany and Forest and Ecosystem Science at the University of Melbourne.
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- McCarthy, Gavan; Smith, Ailie; Moje, Christine; Rigby, Rebecca, The Study of Australian Eucalypts, eScholarship Research Centre, 2013, http://www.eoas.info/eucalypts/index.html. Details
- Adams, Mark and Attiwill, Peter, Burning issues : sustainability and management of Australia's southern forests (Collingwood, Vic.: CSIRO Publishing, 2011), 144 pp. Details
- Attiwill, P.M. and Leeper, G.W., Forest soils and nutrient cycles (Carlton, Vic.: Melbourne University Press, 1987), 202 pp. Details
- Grierson, Pauline F., Adams, Mark A. and Attiwill, Peter M., Carbon storage in soil and in forest products (Parkville, Vic.: School of Botany, University of Melbourne, 1991), 44 pp. Details
- Grierson, Pauline F., Adams, Mark A. and Attiwill, Peter M., Carbon sequestration in Victoria's forests (Parkville, Vic.: School of Botany, The University of Melbourne, 1991), 83 pp. Details
- Attiwill, Peter M. and Adams, Mark A. eds, Nutrition of eucalypts (Collingwood, Vic.: CSIRO Publishing, 1996), 440 pp. Details
- Grierson, P. F., Adams, M. A. and Attiwill, P. M., 'Estimates of Carbon Storage in the Aboveground Biomass of Victorias Forests', Australian Journal of Botany, 40 (5) (1992), 631-640. Details
- 'Attiwill, P M', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-484359. Details
- Attiwill, Peter Muecke, 'Studies of soil fertility and plant nutrition in Eucalyptus obliqua (L'Herit.)', PhD thesis, University of Melbourne, 1964, 334 pp. Details
Created: 4 December 2012, Last modified: 6 January 2014
- Foundation and Current Supporter - Bjarne K Dahl Trust