Biographical entry De Mole, Fanny Elizabeth (1835 - 1866)
- 1 March 1835
London, United Kingdom
- 26 December 1866
Willunga, South Australia, Australia
- Botanical artist
Fanny Elizabeth De Mole was a British born botanical artist.
She illustrated and published the first book about South Australian flora, Wildflowers of South Australia(1861), having hand-coloured the lithographic illustrations in each copy.
- Life event - Family emigrated to Australia from London, England.
- Career event - Published Wildflowers of South Australia
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- McCarthy, Gavan; Morgan, Helen; Smith, Ailie; van den Bosch, Alan, Where are the Women in Australian Science?, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, 2003, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/wisa/wisa.html. Details
- Hooker, Claire, Irresistible Forces: Australian Women in Science (Carlton: Melbourne University Press, 2004), 215 pp. Details
- Olsen, Penny, Collecting Ladies: Ferdinand von Mueller and Women Botanical Artists (Canberra: National Library of Australia, 2012), 248 pp. Details
- Symon, David, 'Wildflowers of South Australia (1861) by Fanny de Mole', Archives of Natural History, 30 (1) (2003), 139-48. Details
Created: 25 January 2012, Last modified: 3 October 2012