Biographical entry Clark, Doreen Veronica
- Company director
Doreen Clark was the first woman to be elected as National President of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute (1993) and was appointed Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for her services to science. She was self-employed for over 20 years lecturing on new instrumental analytical techniques and managing two analytical companies – Analchem Consultants (chemical analysis) and Bioassay (microbiological analysis). Doreen Clark is passionate about education and has fought hard to improve Government and University education policies.
- Education - Bachelor of Science (BSc) completed at the University of Sydney
- Education - Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) completed at the University of New South Wales
- 1969 - 1998
- Career position - Managing Director of Analchem Bioassay Pty. Ltd.
- Career position - Established Bioassay
- 1987 - ?
- Career position - President of the Council of the Sydney College of Advanced Education
- 1990 -
- Career position - Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (FTSE)
- 1991 -
- Career position - Founding Director of the Organic Crop Protectants Pty. Ltd.
- 1992 -
- Career position - Commissioner of the National Standards Commission
- November 1993 - November 1994
- Career position - National President of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute
- 1995 -
- Career position - Chair of the National Standards Commission
- 26 January 1997
- Award - Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- McCarthy, Gavan; Morgan, Helen; Smith, Ailie; van den Bosch, Alan, Where are the Women in Australian Science?, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, 2003, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/wisa/wisa.html. Details
- 'Clark, Doreen Veronica', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1476382. Details
- Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering Handbook 2001 (Victoria: Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, 2001), 271 pp. Details
Ailie Smith & Annette Alafaci
Created: 17 March 2003, Last modified: 1 August 2007