Biographical entry Taubman, Henry George (1886 - 1959)
- 1 September 1886
Glebe, New South Wales, Australia
- 23 August 1959
Mosman, New South Wales, Australia
Henry George Taubman was chairman 1938-1952 of Taubmans, succeeding his father, George Henry Taubman (qv), who had founded the company in 1901.
Born Glebe, New South Wales, 1 September 1886. Died Mosman, New South Wales, 23 August 1959. Educated Arncliffe Public School. Taubmans company secretary 1912-16; managing director 1916-38 and chairman 1938-52. Director, Cereal Foods Ltd; Managing Director, Arthur H. Pearce Pty Ltd, indent merchants of Sydney and Melbourne.
- Walsh, G. P., 'Taubman, George Henry (1862-1938) and Nathaniel James (1864-1931), manufacturers' in Australian Dictionary of Biography, John Ritchie, ed., vol. 12 (Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 1990), p. 173. http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A120191b.htm. Details
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q24036529. Details
- 'Taubman, Henry George (1886-1959)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1477093. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_t.html. Details
Created: 25 May 2001, Last modified: 2 March 2018
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects