Biographical entry Potts, Frank (1815 - 1890)
- 11 July 1815
Hounslow, Middlesex, England
- 15 December 1890
- Shipbuilder and Vigneron
Frank Potts established Bleasdale Winery in South Australia, named after his friend the Reverend Dr J.I. Bleasdale (qv).
Born Hounslow, Middlesex, England, 11 July 1815. Died Langhorne Creek, South Australia, 15 December 1890. Royal Navy 1824-32; arrived South Australia 1836; built Petrel on Kangaroo Island 1840; traded in salt; planted vines Langhorne Creek 1858, later Bleasdale Winery, to Milang, South Australia; built four paddle steamers and racing yacht Pasquin.
- Smith, Wilson Berry, Bleasdale, 1850-1950: a centenary history of Bleasdale, Langhornes Creek, South Australia (Adelaide: Advertiser, 1950), 21 pp. Details
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q5489068. Details
- 'Potts, Frank (18150711-18901215)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1477005. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_p.html. Details
Created: 25 May 2001, Last modified: 4 July 2012
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects