Biographical entry Knight, Frank (1941 - )
Port Hedland, Western Australia, Australia
- Natural history artist and Ornithologist
Frank Knight, divisional illustrator, CSIRO Division of Wildlife Research from 1966, has illustrated a number of natural history books. His painting is realistic and visually objective.
Born Port Hedland, WA, 1941. Field and laboratory assistant, CSIRO 1959-66, divisional illustrator, Wildlife Research 1966-ca1989. Has illustrated books such as Kangaroos (by H Frith and J Calaby, qqv), Pigeons and Doves of Australia (by H Frith) and Kadimakara, Australian Vertebrate Fossils (edited by P Rich and G van Tets (qqv)). Other design work has included the symbol for the 1974 International Ornithological Congress and the 1979 Wildflower series for Australia Post. First prize, acrylics, Society of Wildlife Art of Australasia 1981.
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q5487729. Details
- VIAF - Virtual International Authority File, OCLC, https://viaf.org/viaf/21144658. Details
- 'Knight, Frank (1941-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-550810. Details
- Robin, Libby, The Flight of the Emu: a Hundred Years of Australian Ornithology 1901-2001 (Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 2001), 492 pp. Details
Created: 8 February 2001, Last modified: 4 July 2012
- Foundation Supporter - Birds Australia