Biographical entry Garnett, Stephen
Stephen Garnett has worked extensively on endangered species recovery and management plans, including the Golden Shouldered Parrot on Cape York and the Glossy-Black Cockatoo on Kangaroo Island, the latter with his wife, Dr Gabriel Crowley.
Editor, Threatened and Extinct Birds of Australia (RAOU); with Crowley, reviewed the 1992 Action Plan for Australian Birds in 1999. As a teenager he gathered beach-washed albatross specimens along Discovery Bay, Victoria with Noel Learmonth.
- Anon, '2018 Fellows of Birdlife Australia: citations: Douglas Dow, Stephen Garnett, Philip Moors', Emu, 118 (4) (2018), 388. Details
- Paton, David, Copley, Peter, Garnett, Stephen and Joseph, Leo, 'J. N. Hobbs Medal 2015: citation - Lynn Pedler', Australian field ornithology, 32 (2015), 209-10. Details
- 'Garnett, Stephen (1955-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-622605. Details
- Robin, Libby, The Flight of the Emu: a Hundred Years of Australian Ornithology 1901-2001 (Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 2001), 492 pp. Details
Created: 2 February 2001, Last modified: 4 July 2012
- Foundation Supporter - Birds Australia