Biographical entry Mees, Gerlof F.
- Biologist and Ornithologist
Gerlof Mees was Curator of Vertebrates (particularly birds and fish) at the Western Australian Museum 1958-1963.
Born Holland. Grew up in the East Indies. Ichthyologist, Holland ? to 1958; Curator of Vertebrates (particularly birds and fish), Western Australian Museum 1958-63; curator of Birds, Leiden Museum 1963-retirement; returned to Australia ca 1991. Has a particular interest in Zosterops (Silvereyes), and has visited Norfolk Island twice to study them there, including sighting one which is now extinct.
Western Australian Museum
- G.F. Mees - Records, 1958 - 1961; Western Australian Museum. Details
- 'Mees, Gerlof F.', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1477194. Details
- Robin, Libby, The Flight of the Emu: a Hundred Years of Australian Ornithology 1901-2001 (Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 2001), 492 pp. Details
McCarthy, G.J. & Rosanne Walker
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 2 March 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Birds Australia