Corporate entry School of Applied Sciences (1990 - 2002)
Gippsland & Frankston, Victoria, Australia
- 31 December 2002
- Education, Industrial or scientific research and Medical Research
Monash University's School of Applied Science is one of six schools in the Faculty of Science. It has existed since 1945 when it was part of Yallourn Technical College. It then became Gippsland Institute of Advanced Education (GIAE) in 1968 and merged with Monash in 1990. The Peninsula campus in Frankston became part of Monash University in 1996.
In 2003 the School of Applied Sciences and School of Engineering merge to become the School of Applied Sciences and Engineering.
- Department of State and Regional Development, 'Biotechnology (Non-Medical) 1999', in Guides to Current Research in Victorian Universities, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/asaw/exhib/awvs/biotechnology/monash.htm#179. Details
Created: 13 February 2002, Last modified: 23 March 2010
- Foundation Supporter - Victoria Department of State and Regional Development