Biographical entry White, Guy Kendall (1925 - 2018)
- 31 May 1925
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- 22 May 2018
Guy Kendall White was Principal Research Scientist, CSIRO Division of Physics 1958-1962, Senior Principal Research Scientist 1962-1969 and Chief Research Scientist, CSIRO Division of Applied Physics 1969-1990. His interests include thermal properties of solids, and cryogenics.
Born Sydney, 31 May 1925. Educated Universities of Sydney (BSc (hons) 1945, MSc 1947) and Oxford (DPhil 1950). CSIRO Overseas Studentship, Oxford 1947-50; Research Officer, CSIRO Division of Physics 1950-53; Post Doctoral Fellow, National Research Council, Ottawa 1953-54, Associate Research Officer 1955-58; Principal Research Scientist, CSIRO Division of Physics 1958-62, Senior Principal Research Scientist 1962-69, Chief Research Scientist, CSIRO Division of Applied Physics 1969-90, Honorary Fellow 1990- . Syme Medal, University of Melbourne 1966; Fellow, Australian Academy of Science 1970; Fellow, Institute of Physics, UK; Fellow, Australian Institute of Physics; Armco Iron Award, USA 1983; Touloukian Award, American Society of Mechanical Engineers 1994; Honorary Doctorate, University of Wollongong 1994. Chairman, National Committee for CODATA and Scientific Information 1974-79. Advisory Editor, International Journal of Thermophysics 1980- .
Adolph Basser Library, Australian Academy of Science
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- Smith, Ailie, Adolph Basser Library Manuscript Collection, eScholarship Research Centre, 2012, http://www.eoas.info/basser_browse.html. Details
- Bennie, Roy James & Grove, Harry Ernest, 'How the design of a manufacturing plant was evolved from a chemical formula (Paper &', Proceedings of the Victorian Institute of Engineers 1929-1930, 1931. Also available at http://hdl.handle.net/11343/24730. Details
- 'Obituary: Dr Guy Kendall White AM FAA', in Fellows Update - June 2018, Australian Academy of Science, 25 June 2018, https://www.science.org.au/academy-newsletter/june-2018-117/fellows-update%E2%80%94june-2018. Details
- Fletcher, Neville, 'Interview with Dr Guy White', in Interviews with Australian scientists, Australian Academy of Science, 2010, http://science.org.au/scientists/interviews/w/white.html. Details
- 'White, Guy K (1925-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1235710. Details
Created: 25 May 2001, Last modified: 26 June 2018