Biographical entry Herbert, Andrew Desmond (1898 - 1976)
- 17 June 1898
Diamond Creek, Victoria, Australia
- 8 September 1976
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Andrew Desmond Herbert was Professor of Plant Physiology, University of the Philippines, 1921-1924 and a lecturer in Botany, University of Queensland 1924-1944.
The eucalyptus herbertiana is named in his honour.
- Clifford, H. Trevor, 'Herbert, Andrew Desmond (1898-1976), Professor of Botany', in John Ritchie (ed.), Australian Dictionary of Biography, vol. 14, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 1996, p. 438. Also available at http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A140504b.htm. Details
- Herbert, D. A., 'Obituary: Professor L. S. Bagster', Australian Journal of Science, vol. 2, no. 5, 1940, p. 139. Details
- Herbert, D. A., 'The Story of Queensland's Scientific Achievement, 1859-1959', Proceedings of the Royal Society of Queensland, vol. lxxi, 1959, pp. 1-15. Details
- Herbert, D.A., 'Heber Albert Longman', Proceedings of the Royal Society of Queensland, vol. lxvi, no. 7, 1954, pp. 83-88. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 9 August 2012
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education