Biographical entry Clark, Marie Coutts (1908 - 1991)
Sydney?, New South Wales, Australia
- Physicist and Spectrochemist
Marie Coutts Clark worked as a Demonstrator in Physics at the University of Sydney, as a research officer in the Division of Radiophysics, CSIRO and as a spectrochemist, between 1947 and 1970 .
Educated University of Sydney (BSc 1932) and Sydney Technical College (Radio Engineering Diploma Course). Teacher, New South Wales Department of Education at Kyogle, Coffs Harbour, Yass and Griffith 1932-40; AWA Material Testing Laboratory 1940-45; demonstrator in physics; CSIRO Radio Physics; spectrochemist; retired 1968.
University of Sydney, Archives
- Marie Coutts Clark - Records, 1927 - 1953, P 83; University of Sydney, Archives. Details
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- McCarthy, Gavan; Morgan, Helen; Smith, Ailie; van den Bosch, Alan, Where are the Women in Australian Science?, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, 2003, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/wisa/wisa.html. Details
- Hooker, Claire, Irresistible Forces: Australian Women in Science, Melbourne University Press, Carlton, 2004, 215 pp. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 5 October 2011
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education