Browse Entries

Biographical entry Bermingham, Anne (1925? - )

Born
1925?

Summary

Anne Bermingham was a chemist appointed to the staff of the Museum of Applied Science in Melbourne in 1952 to establish a radiocarbon dating facility for the Museum. In 1956 she undertook a 7-month study tour to Europe and the United States to visit radiocarbon laboratories. The Museum's Laboratory was opened in 1961, the first such facility in Australia, and operated until 1970. Bermingham was redeployed to the Victorian Ministry for the Arts after her position of Chemist was made redundant in 1974.

Details

Events

1946 - 1952
Career position - Chemist with Melbourne Metropolitan Board of Works, Lifeguard Milk Products, Bacchus Marsh, and the Swallow and Ariell ice cream factory, Melbourne
1948
Education - BSc, University of Melbourne
1952 - 1961
Career position - Chemist, Museum of Applied Science, Melbourne
1956
Award - Travelling Scholarship, English Speaking Union
1961 - 1971
Career position - Chemist, Institute of Applied Science, Melbourne
1971 - 1974
Career position - Chemist, Science Museum of Victoria
1974- -
Career position - Scientific Conservation Officer, Victorian Ministry for the Arts

Helen Cohn