Biographical entry Sainsbury, Keith
- Ecologist and Marine Science
Keith Sainsbury is an expert in marine ecology and sustainable use of marine resources and his research focuses on their assessment, ecology, exploitation and conservation.
He became Commissioner of the Australian Fisheries Management Authority in 2006.
He worked at the CSIRO in various divisions from 1977 to 2006, when he established his independent consultation company SainSolutions.
- Education - Bachelor of Science with Honours (marine ecology and mathematics), University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Education - Doctorate of Philosophy (population dynamics and marine ecology), University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- 1990 - 2006
- Career position - Program Leader, CSIRO Division of Marine and Atmospheric Research
- 2003 -
- Career position - Commissioner, Australian Fisheries Management Authority Australian Fisheries Management Authority
- 2006 -
- Career position - Professor, Marine System Management, Institute of Marine and Antarctic Studies, University of Tasmania Institute of Marine and Antarctic Studies, University of Tasmania
- 2006 -
- Career position - Director, SainSolutions
Created: 4 May 2012, Last modified: 18 March 2013