Biographical entry Rizzardo, Ezio (1943 - )
- 26 December 1943
Onigo, Treviso, Italy
- Organic chemist
Ezio Rizzardo is an organic chemist who is a leading expert in the chemistry of polymerisation.
During his time at the CSIRO he has led projects on Free Radical Polymerisation, Polymeric Biomaterials and Engineering Polymers. His research contributed to the development of novel polymerisation processes including nitroxide-mediated living radical polymerisation and the CSIRO-patented Reversible Addition-Fragmentation chain Transfer (RAFT) polymerisation process.
- Education - First-Class Honours in Applied Organic Chemistry, University of New South Wales
- Career event - Joined the CSIRO Division of Applied Chemistry
- Award - Elected a CSIRO Fellow
Controlled Corporate Bodies
- 'Rizzardo, Ezio (19431226-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1491594. Details
- Ward, C., 'Ezio Rizzardo', in CSIROpedia, 2011, http://csiropedia.csiro.au/display/CSIROpedia/Rizzardo%2C+Ezio. Details
Created: 4 May 2012, Last modified: 3 October 2012