Corporate entry National Museum of Australian Zoology (1924 - 1931)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
The National Museum of Australian Zoology was established in 1924 by and Act of Parliament. The Museum was located in a building on St. Kilda Road in Melbourne and housed a collection of preserved specimens of Australian Fauna, presented to the Nation by Sir Colin Mackenzie. In 1931 the Museum moved to Canberra and was renamed by an Act of Parliament as the Australian Institute of Anatomy.
1924 - 1931 National Museum of Australian Zoology
1931 - 1985 Australian Institute of Anatomy
Adolph Basser Library, Australian Academy of Science
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
Created: 17 April 2012, Last modified: 19 March 2013