Biographical entry Myers, Brian John (1947 - )
- Forest or Timber Industries
Brian John Myers is a forest scientist and ecophysiologist who has specialised in the physiology of moisture stress in trees and conducted research and development in the area of effluent re-use as plantation irrigation. While employed in the CSIRO Division of Forest and Forest Products he was instrumental in establishing the Wagga Wagga Effluent Plantation Project, 1991. In 1999 the project culminated in the publication of a national manual for effluent re-use: Sustainable Effluent-Irrigated Plantations: An Australian Guideline.
Myers retired from the CSIRO in 2003, after working there for almost 30 years.
- Education - BSc Forestry (Hons), University of Toronto
- 1971 - 1975
- Career position - Researcher, Commonwealth Forestry and Timber Bureau (Forest Research Institute)
- 1975 - 2003
- Career position - Various positions, CSIRO Forestry and Forest Products and its predecessors
- Career event - Publication of Sustainable Effluent-Irrigated Plantations: An Australian Guideline
Created: 3 April 2012, Last modified: 3 October 2012