Biographical entry Foley, Catherine Patricia (Cathy) (1957 - )
- 10 October 1957
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Catherine Patricia Foley is a leading physicist with a research focus in superconducting sensors and nano-scale manufacturing.
She joined the CSIRO Division of Materials Science and Technology in 1985 and was appointed Chief Research Scientist in 2008.
In 2007 she was co-recipient of the CSIRO Medal for Research Achievement for her work within the team that developed the mineral prospecting technology, LANDTEM.
- Education - PhD in Physics, Macquarie University
- 1985 - 1991
- Career position - National Research Fellow, CSIRO Division of Materials Science
- 1991 - 1996
- Career position - Senior Research Scientist, CSIRO Division of Materials Science
- 1996 - 2000
- Career position - Principal Research Scientist, CSIRO Division of Materials Science
- 2000 - 2008
- Career position - Senior Principal Research Scientist, CSIRO Division of Materials Science
- Award - CSIRO Medal for Research Achievement - LANDTEM
- 2008 -
- Career position - Chief Research Scientist, CSIRO Division of Materials Science
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- McCarthy, Gavan; Morgan, Helen; Smith, Ailie; van den Bosch, Alan, Where are the Women in Australian Science?, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, 2003, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/wisa/wisa.html. Details
- 'Foley, Catherine P (19571010-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-552579. Details
- Ward, C., 'Catherine Patricia Foley', in CSIROpedia, 2011, https://csiropedia.csiro.au/Foley-Catherine-Patricia. Details
Created: 24 February 2012, Last modified: 3 October 2012