Biographical entry Dallwitz, Michael John (Mike) (1943 - )
- 20 May 1943
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Michael John Dallwitz is the developer of the DELTA format for taxonomic coding which was used by taxonomists internationally for describing and classifying their work between 1985 and 2000.
- Education - Bachelor of Science (Hon 2A) in Physics, Australian National University
- Education - PhD in Solid State Physics, Australian National University
- 1969 - 1970
- Career position - Temporary Lecturer, Department of Physics, Australian National University
- 1970 - 1992?
- Career position - Research scientist at CSIRO Entomology
- 1992 - 2000
- Career position - Visiting Fellow in the Molecular Evolution and Systematics Group, Research School of Biological Sciences, Australian National University
- Award - CSIRO Medal for development of the DELTA taxonomic computer programs
- 'Dallwitz, M J (19430520-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-617573. Details
- Ward, C., 'Michael John (Mike) Dallwitz', in CSIROpedia, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), 2011, https://csiropedia.csiro.au/Dallwitz-Michael-John. Details
Created: 23 February 2012, Last modified: 3 October 2012