Biographical entry Binns, Raymond (Ray) (1937 - )
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Ray Binns is a geologist who is an Honorary Research Fellow in CSIRO Exploration and Mining and a Visiting Fellow at the Australian National University. He was employed as a research scientist with the CSIRO from 1977 to 2002.
He is renowned for his research into deep sea-bed ore deposits, begun in 1986 and resulting in the discovery of many mineral rich sea floor deposits.
- c. 1956 - 1959
- Education - Bachelor of Science, University of Sydney
- Award - University Medal in Geology and Geophysics, University of Sydney
- c. 1959 - 1962
- Education - Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Mineralogy and Petrology, the University of Cambridge, England
- 1962 - 1970
- Career position - Lecturer in Geology, University of New England, New South Wales
- 1971 - 1977
- Career position - Lecturer in Geology, University of Western Australia
Created: 22 February 2012, Last modified: 18 March 2013