Biographical entry Livingstone, Catherine Brighid
- Accountant and Science administrator
Catherine Livingstone was appointed chairman of the CSIRO Board in November 2001, having become a member of the Board in January that year.
- Education - Bachelor of Arts with Honours (BA (Hons)) completed at Macquarie University in New South Wales
- c. 1977 - c. 1983
- Career position - Worked at accountancy firm Price Waterhouse in Sydney and London
- 1983 - 1994
- Career position - Accountancy, finance and general management positions at Nucleus Ltd.
- 1994 - 2000
- Career position - Chief Executive Officer at Cochlear Ltd.
- Award - Eisenhower Exchange Foundation Fellowship received
- Award - Chartered Accountant in Business Award received
- January 2001
- Career position - Member of the CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation) Board
- November 2001
- Career position - Chairman of CSIRO Board
- 2002 -
- Career position - Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (FTSE)
National Library of Australia Manuscript Collection
- Biographical cuttings on Catherine Livingstone, business professional, Cuttings Files BIOG; National Library of Australia Manuscript Collection. Details
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- McCarthy, Gavan; Morgan, Helen; Smith, Ailie; van den Bosch, Alan, Where are the Women in Australian Science?, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, 2003, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/wisa/wisa.html. Details
Created: 26 March 2003, Last modified: 1 October 2009