Biographical entry Henderson, Keith (1926 - 2011)
- 16 September 1926
- 28 January 2011
Keith Henderson worked for the Postmaster-General's Department, 1942-1960, and the Bureau of Meteorology, 1960-1987, retiring as Assistant Director Facilities. He was involved in general planning, design and specification work connected with the World Weather Watch global telecommunication system (GTS), and the computerisation of the communications centre, through a computer-operated switching system.
Joined the Postmaster-General's Department in 1942 as a technician in training and spent 18 years in the radio and telegraph engineering section, before joining the Bureau of Meteorology in 1960. Assistant Director Facilities, 1975-1987. Acted as Assistant Director Management, 1979-1982. Fellow, Institute of Engineers, Australia.
- 'New ADF is Keith Henderson', Weather News, vol. 233, February-March 1976, 1976, pp. 3-6. Details
- 'Smooth Traffic Ahead for Keith Henderson', Weather News, vol. 281, February-April 1987, 1987, pp. 16-17. Details
- 'Henderson, Keith (19260916-20110128)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1476486. Details
- Federation and Meteorology, 2001, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/fam/index_h.html. Details
Created: 10 May 2001, Last modified: 1 February 2011
- Foundation Supporter - National Council for the Centenary of Federation