Biographical entry Wieneke, Jo
- Somerset, England
- School teacher and Ornithologist
Jo Wieneke is a keen amateur ornithologist who has been involved with guiding bird tours and assisting with field work and surveys. She has written several books on the birds of North Queensland.
Born Somerset. Trained and worked as a teacher in New South Wales. Later moved to Magnetic Island. Wrote Birds of Magnetic Island, Birds of Townsville and Where to Find Them (1989) and Where to Find Birds in North East Queensland (1992).
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- McCarthy, Gavan; Morgan, Helen; Smith, Ailie; van den Bosch, Alan, Where are the Women in Australian Science?, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, 2003, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/wisa/wisa.html. Details
- 'Wieneke, Jo', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-563374. Details
- Robin, Libby, The Flight of the Emu: a Hundred Years of Australian Ornithology 1901-2001, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 2001, 492 pp. Details
Created: 20 April 2001, Last modified: 4 July 2012
- Foundation Supporter - Birds Australia