Biographical entry Wall, Leonard Ernest (1921 - )
- 13 August 1921
St Mary's, Tasmania, Australia
Leonard Wall is a keen ornithologist who has held committee positions in a number of ornithological and natural history associations in Tasmania.
Born St Mary's Tasmania, 13 August 1921. Educated Launceston Church Grammar School and The Hutchins School, Hobart. Served in the Royal Australian Naval Reserve 1940-46, 1951-54. Honorary Secretary, Tasmanian Field Naturalists Club 1953-55, President 1959-60, 1971-72; Tasmanian Branch Secretary, RAOU 1963-69, sometime Southern Tasmanian Regional Representative; sometime Honorary Secretary, Bird Observers Association of Tasmania.
- Taylor, R.J., Balmer, J., Coy, R., Potts, B.M. and Wall, L.E., 'Flora and fauna of the sclerophyll ecosystem', in Tasmanian Wilderness-World Heritage Values, Royal Society of Tasmania, Hobart, 1993, pp. 91-100. Details
- Wall, Leonard, 'Fletcher, Jane Ada (1870-1956), Ornithologist and Author', in John Ritchie (ed.), Australian Dictionary of Biography, vol. 14, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 1996, pp. 185-186. Also available at http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A140198b.htm. Details
- 'Wall, Leonard Ernest (19210813-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1477043. Details
- Robin, Libby, The Flight of the Emu: a Hundred Years of Australian Ornithology 1901-2001, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 2001, 492 pp. Details
Created: 20 April 2001, Last modified: 9 March 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Birds Australia