Biographical entry Summers, Herbert St John (1876 - 1963)
Herbert St John Summers was Associate Professor of Geology and Mineralogy, 1924-40 and Professor, 1941-44, University of Melbourne. President of the Royal Society of Victoria 1931-32.
Plaque of Summers by Orlando Dutton at the University of Melbourne.
The University of Melbourne Archives
- Dr Herbert St John Summers (1876-1963), 1994, 100/26; The University of Melbourne Archives. Details
- Skeats, Ernest Willington & Summers, H. S., 'The petrological and experimental aspects of the main road problem in Victoria (Lecture & Discussion)', Proceedings of the Victorian Institute of Engineers vol. XII, 1912, pp. 232-240. Also available at http://hdl.handle.net/11343/24524. Details
- Summers, H. S., 'The Teachers of Geology in the Australian Universities', Journal and Proceedings of The Royal Society of New South Wales, vol. lxxxi, 1947, pp. 122-146. Details
- Summers, Herbert S. Portrait
Created: 24 August 2000, Last modified: 4 June 2010
- Foundation Supporter - Royal Society of Victoria