Biographical entry Rogers, William Percy (1914 - 1997)
- 23 November 1914
Katanning, Western Australia, Australia
- 28 April 1997
William Rogers was Professor of Parasitology at the Waite Agricultural Research Institute 1966-1979. He had earlier been Professor of Zoology, then of Parasitology, at the University of Adelaide. He was interested in the 'stimulus' or 'signal' from the host which induced development of the infective stage of parasites.
Born Katanning, Western Australia, 23 November 1914. Died Stirling, South Australia, 28 April 1997. Educated University of Western Australia (BSc 1936, MSc 1938) and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (PhD 1940). DSc, University of London 1956. Agricultural Research Council Postdoctorate, Molteno Institute, University of Cambridge 1940-45, research staff, CSIRO McMaster Laboratory, Sydney 1946-51, Professor of Zoology, University of Adelaide 1952-62, Professor of Parasitology, University of Adelaide 1962-66, Professor of Parasitology, Waite Agricultural Research Institute 1966-79, Honorary Research Fellow, University of Adelaide 1980-88. Fellow, Australian Academy of Science 1954. President, Sixth International Congress of Parasitology 1986.
- Bryant, C.; Sommerville, R. I., 'William Percy Rogers 1914-1997', Historical Records of Australian Science, 13 (2) (2000), 161-178. http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR0001320161.htm. Details
- Bryant, C.; Sommerville, R.I., 'William Percy Rogers 1914-1997', Chemistry in Australia, 13 (2) (2000), 161-178. Details
- Rogers, W. P., 'Patrick Desmond Fitzgerald Murray', Records of the Australian Academy of Science, 1 (3) (1968), 71-76. http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR9680130071.htm. Details
- Rogers, W. P., 'Jack Ellerton Becker 1904-1979', Historical Records of Australian Science, 5 (3) (1982), 92-107. http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR9820530092.htm. Details
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q28062403. Details
- VIAF - Virtual International Authority File, OCLC, https://viaf.org/viaf/8211936. Details
- 'Rogers, William Percy (1914-1997)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1476010. Details
- Birch, L.C.; Browning, T. O., 'Herbert George Andrewartha 1907-1992', Historical Records of Australian Science, 9 (3) (1993), 258-268. http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR9930930259.htm. Details
Created: 31 October 1997, Last modified: 2 March 2018