Biographical entry Kaufler, Felix (1878 - 1957)
- 10 December 1957
- Industrial chemist
Felix Kaufler came to Sydney in 1939 as Director of Research at Timbrol Pty. Ltd. He remained with the company until his retirement in 1957. Among other things, he was associated with patents for the manufacture of substituted anilines. Before coming to Australia, Kaufler worked in Europe: Lecturer (Privatdozent), Chemistry Department of E.T.H in Zurich, Switzerland; and chemist at Bosnische Elektrizitätswerke A.G (ca 1912-19). In 1919 the Bosnische firm amalgamated with Dr A. Wacker Gesellschaft für Elektrochemische Ind., and Kaufler became Director of Research and Chief Chemist of the company at Munich (1919-1938).He was educated at the University of Vienna (PhD).
- 'Kaufler, Felix (1878-19571210)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1476533. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_k.html. Details
Created: 18 September 1997, Last modified: 25 August 2006
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects