Biographical entry Heath, Bernard Verrell (1904 - 1984)
Horsham, Victoria, Australia
- 24 May 1984
- Food scientist
Bernard Verrell Heath founded his own Consulting Chemist and Public Analyst Laboratory, Bernard Heath & Associates in 1928. He was heavily involved in the establishment of the first Food Science and Technology course at the Melbourne Technical College (now Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) and was also one of the first part-time lecturers in this course.
- c. 1924 - 1928
- Career position - Scientist with the Health Department laboratories
- 1928 - ?
- Career position - Bernard Heath & Associates, Consulting Chemist and Public Analyst Laboratory established
- 1935 - 1939
- Career position - Food Scientist at Smedley's Food Cannery and a flavour manufacturing concern in England
- 1939 - 1945
- Career position - War service with the Chemical Warfare Section of the Australian Army
- c. 1946 - 1957?
- Career position - Lecturer (part-time) in Food Microbiology at the University of Melbourne
- 1958 - 1959
- Career position - Adviser to the Jamaican Government on food laws
Created: 29 August 1997, Last modified: 28 August 2006