Biographical entry Griffith, June Clare (1924 - 1978)
- 6 November 1924
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- 4 October 1978
- Chemist and Science educator
June Griffith worked with A.E. Alexander from 1950-1964, before being appointed lecturer and later senior lecturer at the University of New South Wales. She undertook research into the chemistry and physics of wool.
Educated New South Wales University of Technology (BSc 1952), University of New South Wales (MSc) and University of Sydney (PhD).
- 1950 - 1964
- Career position - Seconded from CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation) to work with A E Alexander at University of New South Wales then at University of Sydney
- 1966 - 1968
- Career position - Lecturer in Chemistry in the School of Chemistry at the University of New South Wales
- 1968 - 1978
- Career position - Senior Lecturer and Director of first-year classes in chemistry at the University of New South Wales
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- McCarthy, Gavan; Morgan, Helen; Smith, Ailie; van den Bosch, Alan, Where are the Women in Australian Science?, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, 2003, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/wisa/wisa.html. Details
Created: 22 August 1997, Last modified: 2 March 2018