Biographical entry Boan, Robert (1863? - 1936)
- 10 December 1936
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Analytical chemist
Robert Boan worked for the Victorian Railways Department 1878-1925. On his advice the Department added a chemical laboratory to its organisation, which he gradually built up, as chemist-in-charge, to an important testing and research laboratory.
- 1878 - 1925
- Career position - Engineer, then Engineer of Tests at the Victorian Railways Department
- 1925 - 1929
- Career position - Analytical and Consulting Chemist (in partnership with his son, R. F. Boan)
- 1929 - 1933
- Career position - Chemical Adviser to Texas Oil Co.
- 1933 - 1936
- Career position - Private practice with his son
- Career position - Chairman of the Sydney Section of the Society of Chemical Industry
- Boan, Robert, 'The sewage treatment problem (Paper & Discussion)', Proceedings of the Victorian Institute of Engineers vol. IV, 1905, pp. 109-146. Also available at http://hdl.handle.net/11343/24299. Details
Created: 30 June 1997, Last modified: 25 August 2006