Biographical entry Taubman, George Henry (1862 - 1938)
- 5 May 1862
Glebe, New South Wales, Australia
- 3 September 1938
Balgowlah, New South Wales, Australia
George Taubman established a paint and varnish works at St Peters in 1901 with his brother Nathaniel. In 1912 this became Taubman's Ltd.
Born 5 May 1862. Died 3 September 1938. Signwriter, importer and distributor of painters' and signwriters' supplies, set up paint and varnish works in 1901 with his brother Nathaniel (this became Taubman's Ltd in 1912), retired as managing director in 1916, but remained as chairman. President, Manly Bowling Club for many years.
- Walsh, G. P., 'Taubman, George Henry (1862-1938) and Nathaniel James (1864-1931), manufacturers' in Australian Dictionary of Biography, John Ritchie, ed., vol. 12 (Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 1990), p. 173. http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A120191b.htm. Details
- Wikidata, http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q24190705. Details
- 'Taubman, George Henry (1862-1938)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1470082. Details
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Online edn, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, Melbourne, 3 May 2000, http://www.austehc.unimelb.edu.au/tia/index_t.html. Details
Created: 30 June 1997, Last modified: 5 March 2018
- Foundation Supporter - ARC Learned Academies' Special Projects