Biographical entry Melhuish, Theodore d'Aveline (1897 - 1969)
- 23 August 1897
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- 18 August 1969
- Industrial chemist
Theodore d'Aveline Melhuish was Works Manager at various chemical companies before becoming Managing Director of Elliotts and Australian Drug Co. in 1959. When the Company was absorbed into Drug Houses of Australia Ltd, he was appointed Managing Director of DHA Chemicals, a position he held until his retirement. Melhuish was the Royal Australian Chemical Institute Representative at the Council of the Standards Association of Australia for over 20 years until 1968.
- Education - Bachelor of Science (BSc) completed at the University of Melbourne
- 1920 - 1927
- Career position - Researcher then Assistant Superintendent of the zinc roasting and acid plants at Broken Hill Associated Smelters
- 1927 - 1934
- Career position - Works Manager at Adelaide Chemical Co.
- 1935 - 1955
- Career position - Works Manager at Mt. Frome Lime Co.
- Career position - President of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, New South Wales branch
- 1950s - 1968
- Career position - Royal Australian Chemical Institute Representative at the Council of the Standards Association of Australia for over 20 years
- 1955 - 1959
- Career position - Works Manager at Elliotts and Australian Drug co.
- 1959 - ?
- Career position - Managing Director of Elliotts and Australian Drug co.
Created: 30 June 1997, Last modified: 7 September 2006