Biographical entry Storr, Glen Milton (1921 - 1990)
- 22 December 1921
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- 26 June 1990
Glen Storr was head of the Department of Ornithology and Herpetology, Western Australian Museum until 1986. He worked tirelessly to describe and catalogue the bird and reptile fauna of Western Australia.
Born Adelaide, 22 December 1921. Died 26 June 1990. Educated University of Western Australia (BSc, MSc, PhD 1960). Junior draftsman and cadet surveyor, South Australian Lands Department 1939; AIF 1942-45; South Australian Lands Department 1946-52, becoming a licensed Land Surveyor 1947; university studies 1953-60; postgraduate research on kangaroos 1960-62; Assistant Curator of Vertebrates, Western Australian Museum 1962-63, Curator 1963-65, Curator of Ornithology and Herpetology 1965-86.
Western Australian Museum
- Glen Milton Storr - Records, 1961 - 1963; Western Australian Museum. Details
- Johnstone, R. E., 'Dr G. M. Stoor', Western Australian Naturalist, vol. 18, 1990, pp. 139-47. Details
- Storr, G. M., 'J. T. Tunney's Itinerary in Northern Australia 1901-1903', Emu, vol. 66, no. 1, 1966, pp. 59-65. Details
- 'Storr, G M (1921-1990)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-531393. Details
- Williams, David, Wuester, Wolfgang and Fry, Bryan Grieg, 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Australian Snake Taxonomists and a history of the Taxonomy of Australia's Venomous Snakes ', Toxicon , vol. 48, no. 7, 2009, pp. 919-930. Details
McCarthy, G.J. & Rosanne Walker
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 2 March 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education