Biographical entry Brown, Horace (1883 - )
- 25 November 1883
Echuca, Victoria, Australia
- Entomologist and Electrical engineer
Horace Brown, the brother of Frank Brown, was an electrical engineer who collected Coleoptera in every state of Australia except Tasmania.
Born Echuca, Victoria, 25 November 1883. Died ?. Electrical engineering cadet, New South Wales Government Service for five years. Collected Coleoptera in nearly all areas of Australia, particularly in Queensland, the Northern Territory and Western Australia. Several beetles were named after him.
- Musgrave, A., Bibliography of Australian Entomology, 1775-1930 (Sydney: Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales., 1932), 380 pp. Details
- 'Brown, Horace (18831125-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, https://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1476946. Details
- Lambkin, Kevin J., 'Conrad Kelsall: 'Butterflying' on the Little Mulgrave River, north Queensland, in 1903', Archives of Natural History, 40 (2013), 111-8. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 15 September 2004
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education