Biographical entry Moore, John Roy (1912 - )
- 7 January 1912
- Electrical engineer and Business executive
John Moore had a highly varied career. He worked as an engineer with at least four different organisations and was manager for two other companies. Moore was also the Assistant Secretary for the Institution of Engineers, Australia from 1937 to 1939.
- Education - Bachelor of Science (BSc) completed at the University of Sydney
- Education - Bachelor of Engineering (BE) completed at the University of Sydney
- 1935 - 1937
- Career position - Engineer with AWA Ltd. (Amalgamated Wireless Australasia)
- 1937 - 1939
- Career position - Assistant Secretary of the Institution of Engineers, Australia
- 1939 - 1946
- Career position - Engineer in the Australian Imperial Force
- 1947 - 1951
- Career position - Engineer with Bates (Australasia) Pty. Ltd.
- 1951 - 1952
- Career position - Engineer with New Air Pty. Ltd.
- 1952 - 1955
- Career position - New South Wales (NSW) Manager of Murex (Australasia) Pty. Ltd.
- 1955 - 1959
- Career position - Chief Engineer with Westeels Industries Ltd.
- 1959 - 1973
- Career position - NSW Sales Manager for Westinghouse-McKenzie- Holland Pty. Ltd.
- 'Moore, John Roy', in Physics in Australia to 1945, R.W. Home, with the assistance of Paula J. Needham, Australian Science Archives Project, June 1995, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/physics/P001758p.htm. Details
- 'Moore, John Roy (1912-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1475575. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 1 March 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education