Biographical entry Higgs, Arthur John (1904 - )
- 6 January 1904
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Astronomer and Radiophysicist
Arthur Higgs worked at Mount Stromlo Observatory from 1926-1940 before moving to the Division of Radiophysics at CSIR/O, where he worked as a research officer and technical secretary.
Born 6 January 1904. Educated University of Sydney (BSc 1926). Assistant, Mount Stromlo Observatory 1926-40, Research officer, CSIR/O Division of Radiophysics 1940-69, technical secretary 1945-69.
Encyclopedia of Australian Science Exhibitions
- The Giant's Eye: the Optical Munitions Exhibition, Australian Science Archives Project, 1997, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/exhib/omp/omp.htm. Details
- 'Higgs, Arthur John', in Physics in Australia to 1945, R.W. Home, with the assistance of Paula J. Needham, Australian Science Archives Project, June 1995, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/physics/P001686p.htm. Details
- 'Higgs, Arthur John', in The Giant's Eye: the Optical Munitions Exhibition, A Bright Sparcs Exhibition, Australian Science Archives Project, 1997, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/exhib/omp/people/higgs.htm. Details
- 'Higgs, Arthur John (19040106-)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1476937. Details
- Sherratt, Tim; Condé, Anne-Marie, A Wartime Observatory Observed - the Mount Stromlo Community, 1940-1945, Australian Science Archives Project, Canberra, 1994, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/pubs/articles/tps/tps_stromlo_draft.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 1 March 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education