Biographical entry Farrant, John Lascelles (1918 - 2003)
- 7 October 1918
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- 8 July 2003
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Chemical physicist
John Lascelles Farrant was a research officer in the Chemical Physics Section, CSIR/O Division of Industrial Chemistry (later Division of Chemical Physics) 1945-82, and Chief Research Scientist 1982.
Educated University of Western Australia (BSc 1940, MSc 1946). Radium officer, University of Western Australia 1940-41; physicist, Commonwealth X-ray & Radium Laboratory 1941-45; research officer, Chemical Physics Section, CSIR/O Division of Industrial Chemistry (later Division of Chemical Physics) 1945-82, Chief Research Scientist 1982.
- 'Farrant, John Lascelles', in Physics in Australia to 1945, R.W. Home, with the assistance of Paula J. Needham, Australian Science Archives Project, June 1995, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/physics/P001651p.htm. Details
- 'Farrant, John (19181007-20030708)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1051609. Details
- Ward, C., 'John Lascelles Farrant', in CSIROpedia, 2011, https://csiropedia.csiro.au/Farrant-John-Lascelles. Details
- Walsh, A. and Willis, J. B., 'Albert Lloyd George Rees 1916-1989', Historical Records of Australian Science, vol. 9, no. 1, 1992, pp. 31-47. Also available at http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR9920910031.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 15 September 2004
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education