Biographical entry Eggleston, Frederic Felix Henriques (1914 - 1995)
- 28 June 1914
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- 30 May 1995
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Physicist and Business executive
Frederic Eggleston was both a physicist and manager. He started out as a cadet with Zinc Corporation Ltd. in 1938 and ended up as a senior manager for Comalco Limited (1963-1976).
- Education - Bachelor of Science (BSc) completed at the University of Melbourne
- Education - Master of Science (MSc) completed at the University of Melbourne
- 1938 - 1940
- Career position - Executive Cadet at Zinc Corporation Ltd.
- 1940 - 1946
- Career position - War service with the Royal Australian Air Force
- 1947 - 1949
- Career position - Analyst at the Consolidated Zinc Co.
- 1950 - 1955
- Career position - Business Manager of Sulphide Corp.
- 1956 - 1963
- Career position - Technical Liaison Officer at Conzinc Riotinto of Australia Ltd. (CRA Ltd.)
- 1963 - 1976
- Career position - Senior Manager at Camalco Ltd.
- 'Eggleston, Frederic Felix Henriques', in Physics in Australia to 1945, R.W. Home, with the assistance of Paula J. Needham, Australian Science Archives Project, June 1995, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/physics/P001643p.htm. Details
- 'Eggleston, Frederic Felix Henriques (1914-1995)', Trove, National Library of Australia, 2009, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1475571. Details
- Caro, D. E.; Martin, R. L., 'Leslie Harold Martin 1900-1983', Historical Records of Australian Science, vol. 7, no. 1, 1987, pp. 97-107. Also available at http://www.publish.csiro.au/paper/HR9870710097.htm. Details
Created: 20 October 1993, Last modified: 28 February 2018
- Foundation Supporter - Committee to Review Australian Studies in Tertiary Education